About me – Anthony Borton
Hi, my name is Anthony Borton and you’re on this page to find out more about me and what I do. Firstly, I am a passionate IT professional that enjoys helping teams succeed more often. My focus is DevOps and helping customers succeed with the Microsoft technology stack.
I live in Brisbane, Australia but spend much of my time traveling to different places. One of my favourite applications is TripIt. Without it I would never keep track of my travel plans.
As someone that focuses on Microsoft technologies, I have achieved a number of Microsoft certifications over the years. I was a Microsoft Visual Studio ALM MVP from January 2007 until I joined Microsoft in April 2018. I completed the first ever Microsoft certification exam (001) back in 1993 plus over 60 exams since then. I am also a Microsoft Certified Trainer (since 1996) and enjoy taking complex technical problems and breaking them down into easily understood concepts.
I am also a strong advocate for Agile processes and practices and was Australia’s first Professional Scrum Developer Trainer with Scrum.org. I hold Professional Scrum Master and Professional Scrum Developer certifications.
As a community minded person, I also contribute some of my spare time to assist in the Visual Studio ALM Rangers community.
I am an experienced presenter and I have presented and worked at many technical events around the world. Here is just a list of some of them.
- Microsoft TechEd (North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand)
- Microsoft TechReady (North America)
- ALM Summit/ALM Forum (North America)
- VSLive (Redmond and New York)
- NDC (Oslo, Norway)
- Australian & New Zealand ALM Conferences
Finally, when I’m not working, I enjoy playing with gadgets and gizmos and seeing how the Internet of Things (IoT) is going to change the world. I also enjoy aerial photography and own a couple of drones I like to fly when I get time.
- Global DevOps Bootcamp 2018, Brisbane, Australia General
- Retrospective – DevOps using VSTS and Azure course Build , DevOps , Release Management , TFS2017 , Training
- DevOps using VSTS & Azure training on 11th-13th September. DevOps , Training , VSTS
- TFS 2017 – Adding reports to an existing team project Reporting , TFS2017
- DevOps training in Perth this week DevOps , TFS2015 , Training
I love sharing my ALM knowledge with my readers. Don’t miss anything by subscribing to my newsletter