About me – Anthony Borton
Hi, my name is Anthony Borton and you’re on this page to find out more about me and what I do. Firstly, I am a passionate IT professional that enjoys helping teams succeed more often. My focus is Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), with a specific focus on the Microsoft tools stack.
I live in Brisbane, Australia but spend much of my time traveling to different places to deliver my unique training courses and help steer software development teams in the right direction. One of my favourite applications is TripIt. Without it I would never keep track of my travel plans. Tripit tells me I’ve traveled over 1.25 million kilometers in just the past 4 years!
As someone that focuses on Microsoft technologies, I have achieved a number of Microsoft certifications over the years. I am a Microsoft Visual Studio ALM MVP and was first awarded back in 2006. I completed the first ever Microsoft certification exam (001) back in 1993 plus over 59 exams since then. I am a Microsoft Certified Trainer (since 1996) and most recently I have achieved my MCSD: Application Lifecycle Management certification. I have even created a series a Jumpstart videos on Microsoft Virtual Academy to help others study for this certification.(Test | TFS Admin | ALM)
I am also a strong advocate for Agile processes and practices and was Australia’s first Professional Scrum Developer Trainer with Scrum.org. I hold Professional Scrum Master and Professional Scrum Developer certifications.
As a community minded person, I also contribute some of my spare time to assist in the Visual Studio ALM Rangers community.
I am an experienced presenter and I have presented and worked at many technical events around the world. Here is just a list of some of them.
- Microsoft TechEd (North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand)
- Microsoft TechReady (North America)
- ALM Summit/ALM Forum (North America)
- VSLive (Redmond and New York)
- Australian & New Zealand ALM Conferences
Finally, when I’m not working, I enjoy playing with gadgets and gizmos and seeing how the Internet of Things (IoT) is going to change the world. I currently have 3 x Raspberry Pi 2 devices and am working on making my home the smartest house in the neighbourhood. My wife, son and cat work on tolerating my gadgets all over the house.
- DevOps using VSTS & Azure training on 11th-13th September. DevOps , Training , VSTS
- TFS 2017 – Adding reports to an existing team project Reporting , TFS2017
- DevOps training in Perth this week DevOps , TFS2015 , Training
- Upgrade your TFS administration skills to TFS 2017 today Uncategorized
- Presenting at the Microsoft Developer Event 2016 in Sydney DevOps , Presentations , TFS2017 , VSTS
I love sharing my ALM knowledge with my readers. Don’t miss anything by subscribing to my newsletter