8 Dec 2016
Upgrade your TFS administration skills to TFS 2017 today
- By Anthony Borton
With the release of Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2017 announced at the Connect(); // 2016 conference in mid-November, organisations are now looking at upgrading to the latest version.
The new version of TFS brings many major benefits to teams including:
- Package Management
Create and manage private NuGet feeds.
- Code Search
Search all the code across your project collection easily.
- Agile planning improvements
new form, following work items, live updates, better notifications, …
- Git improvements
Hugely upgraded pull request experience, iterative reviews, squash merge, …
- Build improvements
Java build templates, Xamarin build tasks, Docker support, …
- Release management improvement
Support for ARM templates, task groups, manual approval task, scheduled releases, …
- Test improvements
10X more compact test results storage, lots of manual testing improvements, test reporting and traceability improvements, …
To help TFS administrators upskill their knowledge to help plan, upgrade and configure TFS 2017, we’ve created a brand new course specifically for existing administrators.
Introducing Updating Your TFS Administration Skills for TFS 2017, a 2-day training course for experienced TFS administrators.
At the completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- enable new features in TFS 2017 as required
- plan their migration to the latest version of TFS
- configure Package Management and set security on feeds
- install, configure, and optimise the new Code Search feature
- troubleshoot issues with Code Search
- understand the latest improvements to Build and Release from an admin perspective
- install extensions from the Visual Studio Marketplace
- understand how to install internally developed TFS extensions
- understand the new process template model
- implement work item customisations
- understand and configure new permissions
If you’re new to TFS administration, we also have a 4-day “TFS 2017 Configuration and Administration” course featuring comprehensive coverage of all administration tasks.
- TFS 2017 – Adding reports to an existing team project Reporting , TFS2017
- DevOps training in Perth this week DevOps , TFS2015 , Training
- Upgrade your TFS administration skills to TFS 2017 today Uncategorized
- Presenting at the Microsoft Developer Event 2016 in Sydney DevOps , Presentations , TFS2017 , VSTS
- Microsoft Virtual Academy–Applying DevOps to your VSTS Extensions DevOps , Extensions , VSTS
I love sharing my ALM knowledge with my readers. Don’t miss anything by subscribing to my newsletter
- Addons and Extras12
- Application Insights3
- Lab Management3
- Release Management10
- TFS 201214
- User Groups16
- Version Control1
- VSTS 20109