26 Jan 2016
Locked file when using MS WebDeploy and Azure Websites
I was demonstrating Release Management vNext today as part of a course I was delivering and I received the following error message which I had not seen before in this scenario.
Web Deploy cannot modify the file ‘Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.dll’ on the destination because it is locked by an external process.
I am using MS WebDeploy to deploy a sample application to an Azure web site which has been working perfectly well. It turns out the fix for this is pretty easy. I just needed to log onto the Azure Portal and restart the website to remove the lock on the file.
- TFS 2017 – Adding reports to an existing team project Reporting , TFS2017
- DevOps training in Perth this week DevOps , TFS2015 , Training
- Upgrade your TFS administration skills to TFS 2017 today Uncategorized
- Presenting at the Microsoft Developer Event 2016 in Sydney DevOps , Presentations , TFS2017 , VSTS
- Microsoft Virtual Academy–Applying DevOps to your VSTS Extensions DevOps , Extensions , VSTS
I love sharing my ALM knowledge with my readers. Don’t miss anything by subscribing to my newsletter
- Addons and Extras12
- Application Insights3
- Lab Management3
- Release Management10
- TFS 201214
- User Groups16
- Version Control1
- VSTS 20109