17 Jul 2015
VIDEO: A DevOps walkthrough using Visual Studio 2015
As part of the ANZ MVPs Tech Channel on Microsoft’s Channel 9 property, I have recorded a short video presentation titled “A DevOps walkthrough using Visual Studio 2015”. I’ve focused on two specific aspects of a good DevOps environment, namely Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
The video focuses on the new build system introduced in Visual Studio Online and Team Foundation Server 2015. While the video was recorded using TFS 2015 in an on-premises scenario, most of the steps are directly applicable to Visual Studio Online and Windows Azure.
Here’s a list of the things I covered in the video.
- Create a new Agent Pool, install Build Agent and configure permissions
- Create a new build definition and configure it to execute Unit Tests (Continuous Integration)
- Package our the built website as a Web Deploy Package
- Create a Machine Group and add a new test web server
- Use PowerShell DSC to configure a basic web server (IIS, ASP.NET 4.5, Website & WebDeploy)
- Use WebDeploy to deploy the site package to the newly configured Web Server
- Auto deploy and configure the new Test Agent on our web server
- Run Coded UI Tests and report results
Watch the video on Channel 9 by clicking the image below.
If you have any feedback or other topics you’d like to see in a video, please leave you feedback in the comments below.
- Retrospective – DevOps using VSTS and Azure course Build , DevOps , Release Management , TFS2017 , Training
- DevOps using VSTS & Azure training on 11th-13th September. DevOps , Training , VSTS
- TFS 2017 – Adding reports to an existing team project Reporting , TFS2017
- DevOps training in Perth this week DevOps , TFS2015 , Training
- Upgrade your TFS administration skills to TFS 2017 today Uncategorized
I love sharing my ALM knowledge with my readers. Don’t miss anything by subscribing to my newsletter
- Addons and Extras12
- Application Insights3
- Lab Management3
- Release Management11
- TFS 201214
- User Groups16
- Version Control1
- VSTS 20109