1 Nov 2012
Becoming a Microsoft Quality Enablement Specialist
Earlier this week I had the opportunity to sit for Microsoft exam 70-497: Software Testing with Visual Studio 2012. Having successfully passed this exam (my 56th MS exam), I am now officially a Microsoft Quality Enablement Specialist. Here’s a copy of the certificate.
From the Microsoft Learning website, they state the audience for this exam is software testers. Typically those people that manage the process of running tests, creating and monitoring bugs, and managing and mitigating issues that a software organization has in controlling test coverage for project requirements. In short, basically it focuses on Microsoft Test Manager 2012.
What’s the best way to prepare for the exam?
Option A: Self-study
- The Microsoft Learning website has information about the exam including the Skills Being Measured. This is a checklist of the topics you need to know well before attempting the exam. If you learn best by researching yourself and using the tool, this is your best option.
Option B: Classroom based training (including remote online)
- How I personally prepared for the exam was to update a course I had written for TFS 2010 to the latest 2012 release. While you could always write your own training course to help you get ready for the exam, it might be a lot quicker for you to attend one of my courses. (View course outline | Download PDF)
- Upcoming courses in the United States (More info)
- December 3rd & 4th, 2012
- February 7th & 8th, 2013
- April 15th & 16th, 2013
- Upcoming courses in Australia (More Info)
- 17th & 18th January 2013 (SYD)
- 4th & 5th Mar 2013 (MEL)
- 6th & 7th Mar 2013 (CBR)
- Enquire about having this course run onsite for you anywhere in the world
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Global DevOps Bootcamp 2018, Brisbane, Australia General
- Retrospective – DevOps using VSTS and Azure course Build , DevOps , Release Management , TFS2017 , Training
- DevOps using VSTS & Azure training on 11th-13th September. DevOps , Training , VSTS
- TFS 2017 – Adding reports to an existing team project Reporting , TFS2017
- DevOps training in Perth this week DevOps , TFS2015 , Training
I love sharing my ALM knowledge with my readers. Don’t miss anything by subscribing to my newsletter
- Addons and Extras12
- Application Insights3
- Lab Management3
- Release Management11
- TFS 201214
- User Groups16
- Version Control1
- VSTS 20109