Early next month I have the pleasure of presenting at three of New Zealand’s .NET user groups. New Zealand has a great user group community and I always look forward to the opportunity to present there.
The topic for my presentation in all three locations is as follows:
Part One – What’s new on the Visual Studio ALM scene?
In the first part of the talk I will run through an overview of new and updated things from the past couple of months that relate to Visual Studio ALM. As a few examples, he will walk you through the following;
- Visual Studio Feature Pack 2
- Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 Beta
- TFS Admin Tool 2.1
- TeamCompanion 4 (Beta)
Part Two – Continuous Delivery can be a reality
Continuous Delivery is the next logical step after Continuous Integration for modern software teams. In this session, I will walk through how you can automate the build, deploy and test of your applications using Visual Studio 2010.
GIVEAWAY – Free ticket to the New Zealand Visual Studio ALM Conference
One lucky attendee will also win a free ticket to the inaugural New Zealand Visual Studio ALM Conference in Wellington on the 6th & 7th April 2011. Sponsored by Microsoft, this conference will feature both international and local presenters in two tracks over two days. If your team builds software, this is a conference not to be missed. Keep your eye on the conference website at www.nzalm.co.nz for more information.
Here are the details for the three user group talks. If you are going to come along, please make sure you RSVP to let the organiser know for catering purposes.
AUCKLAND – North Shore .NET User group
- Date: Tuesday 1st February 2011
- Time: 5:45 Pizza for a 6:15 presentation
- Venue: Quadrangle B; Seminar Room 3(QB3), Massey University, Albany
- RVSP: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are coming along
WELLINGTON– Team System User group
- Date: Thursday 3rd February 2011
- Time: 6:00pm
- Venue: To be confirmed
- RVSP: Please let me know if you are attending so I can make sure we order enough Pizza and Drink. Click on this link to RSVP then send the email created with the subject line unaltered; If your plans change after you have RSVP’d and you are unable to attend Click on this Link then send the email created with the subject line unaltered;
CHRISTCHURCH – Christchurch .NET User group
- Date: Friday 4th February 2011
- Time: 12:30pm (NOTE: Lunch presentation)
- Venue: Canterbury Innovation Incubator – Powerhouse, 200 Armagh St, Christchurch
- RVSP: Please email email@example.com if you are coming along
If you’re in New Zealand and able to come along, I look forward to seeing you there