9 Nov 2010
Coded UI Testing – Support for Silverlight 4 coming very soon
- By Anthony Borton
One of the most frequent questions I get asked when I present on the testing features in Visual Studio 2010 is “Does this work on Silverlight applications?” My usual response has been to say “Not yet, but it’s in the pipeline.” Not an ideal answer but its the truth.
The good news that Brian Harry has shared with us today via his blog is that this much requested feature plus a few extra goodies are due for imminent release. The new “Feature Pack 2” will include the following.
- Testing Silverlight Applications. Support for test record and playback as well as Coded UI tests for Silverlight 4.0 applications hosted in Internet Explorer.
- Recorded test playback in FireFox. Record your tests once and then playback in both IE and Firefox.
- Coded UI Test Editor. A new designer for easier editing and tweaking your Coded UI Tests.
You can read more on Brian’s blog and see a screen shot of the Coded UI Test Editor. If you haven’t already subscribed to Brian’s RSS feed it might be a good idea so you find out as soon as Feature Pack 2 becomes downloadable.
- Retrospective – DevOps using VSTS and Azure course Build , DevOps , Release Management , TFS2017 , Training
- DevOps using VSTS & Azure training on 11th-13th September. DevOps , Training , VSTS
- TFS 2017 – Adding reports to an existing team project Reporting , TFS2017
- DevOps training in Perth this week DevOps , TFS2015 , Training
- Upgrade your TFS administration skills to TFS 2017 today Uncategorized
I love sharing my ALM knowledge with my readers. Don’t miss anything by subscribing to my newsletter
- Addons and Extras12
- Application Insights3
- Lab Management3
- Release Management11
- TFS 201214
- User Groups16
- Version Control1
- VSTS 20109