17 Apr 2009
Does TFS 2008 SP1 work with SQL 2008 SP1?
- By Anthony Borton
Today I was working with a client that wanted to install the recently released SQL 2008 Service Pack 1 on their TFS Server. They were eager to know if the SQL Service Pack would be compatible with TFS 2008 SP1.
The good news is that you can install SQL 2008 SP1 onto your TFS server if you happen to have installed TFS with SQL 2008. Brian Harry has the details on his blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/bharry/archive/2009/04/15/using-sql-2008-sp1-with-tfs-2008-sp1.aspx
NOTE: As stated in Brian’s blog post, if you are installing TFS 2008 onto a SQL 2008 instance with SP1 already installed, you will need to use the workaround in the KB article he references .
- Presenting at VSLive Redmond and a special discount for VSLive New York General , Presentations
- TFS 2015 Installation Guide TFS2015
- Team Project Rename: Local workspace support for Visual Studio 2012, 2013 & 2015 General , TFS2015
- VIDEO: A DevOps walkthrough using Visual Studio 2015 DevOps , TFS2015
- VSLive Redmond–Early bird is over but you can still save $500 off ticket price General , TFS2015
I love sharing my ALM knowledge with my readers. Don’t miss anything by subscribing to my newsletter
- Addons and Extras12
- Application Insights3
- Lab Management3
- Release Management5
- TFS 201214
- User Groups15
- Version Control1
- VSTS 20109